Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. Chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
Homeowners Insurance provides Property and Liability Coverages:
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover sudden and unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Homeowners insurance covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you'd need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
Questions to ask
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What is replacement cost vs. actual cash value?
- What discounts are available? Are there multiple policy, security system or fire resistance discounts?
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim? Who do you call and what happens after you file a claim?
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it.
Get a free insurance quote!